Thursday, July 19, 2012

Happy Birthday to You!


Very excited to have a class full of students to give these to on their birthday! You can download the balloon from Once Upon a First Grade Adventure here!

Then I just printed them out, taped them to a swirly straw (you can get a pack of 6 at Dollar Tree for $1) and put them in this cute adorable tin! I also added the birthday pencils below from Oriental Trading. They say "Happy Birthday From Your Teacher" 



So on a birthday in my class they can pick a birthday pencil and balloon! Yay! Who doesn't love birthdays!!



6 comments:

  1. I found you through another blogger's posts about your picture frame memo board. I am awarding you the One Lovely Blog Award. Please stop by my blog to pick it up. http://scrappyteaching.blogspot.com.
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute birthday tin!! Where did you find it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually found it at a garage sale for a quarter! Steal!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of giving each student a gift for their birthday. The fact that it is inexpensive as well makes it even more awesome! I am excited to have my own classroom to incorporate this lovely idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Birthdays are a special time for every student, and what a neat yet practical idea, as well as making a fun display. With diversity and cultural issues in mind, we also need to remember that there are some religions that do not celebrate birthdays, and may be offended. If I had a family that I knew had this culture, I would want to be more sensitive and reconsider this idea.

    ReplyDelete